Austin North attacks Nurses in the ER

Outer Banks, a show loved by many teens, recently came out with a 3rd season last year, with many fans excited for a fourth. Austin North, who played Topper, the main character as Sarah Warren’s ex, recently made headlines after allegedly attacking nurses and phlebotomists at University Medical Center in Las Vegas.

Sources explain that North allegedly shoved a nurse against a sink after striking her in the face. He reportedly struck out at two more employees when they attempted to stop him, knocking one against a table and shoving the other in the face. North was accused of three counts of violence on a protected person on Wednesday, according to a police record that the Las Vegas Review-Journal was able to obtain. 

According to the Las Vegas Outlet, an employee used a food tray to hit North, in an act of self-defense. North was arrested in Las Vegas on February 13th and taken into custody, later being released on bail. His court date is set on March 19 and many fans are waiting to see what will happen. 

There are many varied stories of what happened, with some saying he was going through a panic or anxiety attack and others labeling his actions as purely intentional. On Thursday, Austin posted to his Instagram story, sharing his point of view. Here is what he had to say: 

“I am deeply upset by the events that took place in Las Vegas this past week. My friend drove me to the hospital because I thought I was having a heart attack. Several tests were taken, including blood, which came back negative for any drugs or alcohol in my system. I was having a severe anxiety attack. I have very little memory of the events that day at the hospital. I have the utmost respect for healthcare workers and hospital staff. I have battled anxiety on and off for years and this was the most extreme panic attack I’ve ever had. Going forward, I hope to shed light on this debilitating disorder and send hope to those who have also struggled.”

Eighth-grader Jua Kim expressed how she felt about the situation. “I watched the show he was in, and he quickly became one of my favorite characters! I could never imagine that he would do something like this, but at the end of the day, it was a mistake and people should forgive him.” Many online fans agree with this opinion, and while the controversy continues, many have chosen to forgive and forget. 

His apology explains how he respects healthcare workers and has very little memory of what happened. Many fans and actors know him as a joyous and sincere actor and he wants to maintain those titles. He believes people should respect what he is going through. Anxiety and panic attacks can be severe and cause people to do things they would never do in a normal state.