CMT Music Awards

Set in Austin, Texas the 2024 CMT Awards brought the whole world to the edge of their seats to see their top country artists on the podium. Musicians including Reba McEntire, Jelly Roll, Kelsea Ballerini, Megan Moreny, and more came together to celebrate their successes in their music careers and make their mark in country history. For fans, this was an opportunity to unite and root for their favorite nominees, as well as view new and upcoming music. 

Jelly Roll appeared victorious from the night, clinching  the title of the most prestigious video of the year and CMT performance of the year with his hit “Need A Favor.” Taking home three trophies, Jelly Roll was thrilled and continued in his speech to thank his wife, fans, record label, and last but not least, his record label.

The host of the Music Award

category, including Reba McEntire, Ashley McBryde, Megan Moroney, and more, Wilson gave her gratitude to every one of her fans and talented artists around her.

s, Kelsea Ballerini, was also included among the top nominees. She performed to rap up her 10th anniversary and last time hosting the event. 

As the night progressed, Lainey Wilson, a singer featured on the TV show, “Yellowstone,” accepted the Female Video of the Year award. Wilson commented, “I’m so honored to be part of this category… It’s really unreal watching these girls do what they do. I’m pretty sure all of them would let me say thank you s

o much from the bottom of our hearts for supporting women in the country. It’s a big dang deal,” (CMT 2024). Recognizing her fellow nominees in the

As the night came to an end, moments  worth recognizing included Cody Johnson’s fantastic show of, “That’s Texas,” and Keith Urban’s performance with a bigger band of, “Straight Line.” Little BigTown and Sugarland returned with a great performance, and Moroney and Old Dominion brought a duet of “Can’t Break Up Now.”

Throughout the entire event, the musicians were able to connect, enjoy their musical creations, and share experiences with each other. With this event, many people recognized the significance of Country music in lifestyles and the importance it has to many people around the world.