Tragic Car Crash in Pleasanton

On April 24th, 2024, a night meant to go like any other, a tragedy occurred. A family of four was killed in a car crash in Pleasanton, California. The police investigated the event for a few days and released the full details the following week. 

Two adults and two children were driving down Foothill Road near Stoneridge Drive. The electric vehicle that they were in was reported to have caught fire and even reignited a few minutes after the crash. According to an article published by KRON4, as shown by camera footage, the vehicle struck a pole before it slammed into a tree and burst into flames. This horrific incident occurred around 9:00 PM that night. The people involved in the crash, unfortunately, did not make it out alive. 

The police department concluded that no alcohol or foul play was involved. They found out that speeding was the cause of the accident, according to KRON4. The driver lost control and collided with a huge oak tree. For the first few days, the PD’s priorities included notifying the family’s relatives and completing the investigation. 

Soon after the crash occurred, the police department began to reveal the names of the people involved in the crash. According to The Mercury News, Rincy George, 41, Tarun George, 41, and their sons, Rowan George, 13, and Aaron George, 9, were all killed in the upsetting accident. Both children attended Pleasanton public schools. There was a vigil held for the family on April 28th, and hundreds of community members attended to pay their respects. 

The Pleasanton Unified School District has reached out and stated that the children were involved in their schools. As explained by ABC 7 News, people throughout the students in the school district will receive extra counseling and care, if needed, for the tragic events that have occurred. Others who knew the family visited the scene throughout the day. Patrick Gannon, director of communication with the Pleasanton Unified School District, expressed his sympathy for the family and everyone who knew them. “We want to do everything we can to support them and just want to make sure that students know that there are adults that care about them…” Gannon stated.

This horrifying incident affected the lives of many. The Tri-Valley community sends their prayers to the relatives of the involved family. The hope is that extra precautions will be taken from now on, and people will learn to drive more carefully. 

Sources:

Family of 4, including 2 kids, killed in Pleasanton crash on Foothill Road, police say 

Family of 4 killed in fiery Pleasanton crash, speed may have been factor 

Family of four killed in Pleasanton vehicle crash 

PPD investigating fatal car crash on Foothill Road – Pleasanton Weekly