Morgan Wallen Arrested After Allegedly Throwing Chair From Rooftop

A chair falls from a roof six stories up, dropping in a blur against the backdrop of twinkling building lights. It hits the concrete with a crack and startles the surrounding pedestrians, including two displeased police officers.

On April 7th, Morgan Wallen threw a chair off the roof of a six-story bar and was arrested in downtown Nashville by police officers standing merely 3 feet away from it. According to eyewitnesses, he was laughing about it afterward. Fortunately, no one on the ground was injured. 

Morgan Wallen is a popular country singer and songwriter, with hits like “You Proof,” “Last Night,” and “Wasted On You” that collectively spent over 150 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100 list. His album “One Thing at a Time” was at the top of Billboard’s list for a hefty 30% of the year – that’s the longest time an album has held the number 1 spot since one of Adele’s albums, released over a decade ago. Outside of country music, the singer has collaborated with artists across genres, like Diplo and Lil Durk.

Throughout his career, Morgan Wallen hasn’t kept entirely out of trouble. In 2020, he and his friends were kicked out of a Nashville bar and were arrested for public intoxication (drunkenness) and disorderly conduct.

In 2020, a video surfaced of Morgan Wallen using a racial slur, a deeply offensive and unacceptable act. This incident occurred in the same year he released one of his most popular albums “Dangerous: The Double Album.” Despite receiving numerous nominations for the American Music Awards in the country genre, the video led to his exclusion from the ceremony, highlighting the serious repercussions of his actions.

Morgan Wallen hasn’t made many comments on the current situation. He briefly discussed it on X (formerly Twitter), saying, “I’ve touched base with Nashville law enforcement, my family, and the good people at Chiefs. I’m not proud of my behavior, and I accept responsibility.” Later, he continued, “I have the utmost respect for the officers working every day to keep us all safe. Regarding my tour, there will be no change.”

Morgan Wallen’s tweets suggest he’s apologetic about throwing the chair off and endangering those on the street, even though he thought it was funny in his drunken state. Despite his numerous nationwide hits and overall popularity, he has a history of similar incidents that impacted his rising career.

Sources: 

Morgan Wallen arrested on felony charges in Nashville after allegedly throwing chair from bar rooftop – CBS News

Morgan Wallen arrested after police say he threw a chair off Nashville bar’s roof | AP News 

Morgan Wallen’s arrest is the latest in a string of scandals. Here’s a timeline of the country singer’s biggest controversies.