Catch up with me, on 2023

When you look back at a year, what do you remember? Do you remember the Memories? …Holidays? …Political Choices? Well one thing people seem to remember is what’s produced from the music & movie industry, let’s think back to 2023 and what has entertainment brought to us, and how does it affect our view of 2023? 

The three most popular movies from 2023 begun with Universal’s “Megan” which fortunately gained about 93% on Rotten Tomatoes. The second being Sony’s ‘Spider-Man, Across the Spider-Verse’ which had made $51 Million off opening day alone. And the movie that really blew everyone over the top was Greta Gerwig’s “Barbie” from Warner Bros. Anay Kancharla states that his favorite movie is “Oppenheimer.” After being asked to describe Oppenhimer in two words, he adds,“Atomic, and probably bomb,”

Moving on to music, many tours and music artists have had fans raving about them throughout the months, including the world breaking Era’s Tour which earned Taylor Swift a whopping $4.1 billion dollars. An incredibly popular song was also “Boy’s a Liar” by PinkPanthress with over 2.3 million streams. Reese Garvin exclaims, “I’ve been listening to more Doja Cat… I like her song, Agora Hills!”

“2023 Movie and Music wrap up,” was a poll sent to FMS students which came back with variations of promising results. 36% of people rated 2023 Music a four out of six, some descriptions being how rap was increasing in popularity. Sloka Vankineni (8) replies, “’Utopia’ by Travis Scott and ‘For All the Dogs’ by Drake were definitely the 2023 highlights for this year.” Another question on the poll was “How have you felt about 2023’s movies? Any favorites in particular? Name any you specifically liked or disliked.” Sanaiya Chhanya (7) answers, “They were honestly really good! Barbie was a lot of fun to watch and although the FNaF had three plots going on at once, all the Easter eggs, cameos, and overall William (the antagonist) really made me enjoy it!”

Now for the final question, “How did the music & movies affect a person’s view of 2023?” Viraj Singh (8) says in response, “I think it changed it…and made the year more fun for me” while Aashna Togari (8) states, “I got influenced by new music so I’ve been listening to different varieties of music.” Both these people explained how the music and movies from 2023 affected their year positively, and while we’ve learned 2023 wasn’t the absolute it-year with hit singles, or superior movies left and right, lots of people found joy in the content from the year 2023 and it seems to have left a memorable impact. 

View Comments (3)
About the Contributors
Akshara Reddipeta, Staff Writer
Aaria Srinivasan, Staff Writer
$0
$5000