The P Diddy Scandal

Before the recent scandal that made headlines, rapper P Diddy was known for his extensive catalog of club hits and classics. Songs like Victory, I’ll Be Missing You, and No Way Out have cemented him as a legend in hip-hop and music in general. However, allegations accusing P Diddy of crimes like sex trafficking, sexual assault, and abuse have damaged his reputation considerably, causing this once-respected musician to now face accusations of multiple accounts of sexual crimes.

The allegations started back on November 16th of last year, when one of the people Diddy had worked with claimed that he had abused her. The allegation came from singer Casandra Ventura, stating that he had drugged her, sexually assaulted her, and physically assaulted her in 2008, resulting in a lawsuit from Ventura.

Diddy denied the claim against him, stating that she was trying to ruin his career. People initially believed the rapper since it was his word against one of his coworkers, with the lawsuit being settled later in November. However, some started questioning Diddy’s retort when another accusation came to the public on November 23rd. This time, a woman claimed that Diddy also drugged her and assaulted her more than 30 years in the past.

These claims kept on coming, with even more people coming out against him in the following months, with daunting accusations relating to sexual activity. Each one of these accusations sunk the artist’s reputation more and more.

On March 25th of this year, federal agents raided Diddy’s house to prove these allegations, with P Diddy fleeing the country to avoid arrest. This is still an active case, so for now, all the public can do is wait for more updates on this situation.

Sources:

What are the allegations against P Diddy? | The Independent

A Timeline of Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs’ Sexual Assault Allegations and Lawsuits 

The mounting allegations against Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs – The Washington Post