The Maverick Newspaper

Fallon Middle School's Newspaper

The Maverick Newspaper

The Maverick Newspaper

Covid on the Rise, Again
Covid on the Rise, Again
February 20, 2024
Are Finals Really Worth It?
Are Finals Really Worth It?
February 20, 2024
Christmas Traditions
Christmas Traditions
February 15, 2024

Holiday Toy Drive at Fallon

Yearbook and CJSF Join Forces with ACFD to Collect Toys for Tots
Alameda County Fire Department Holiday Logo
Toys for Tots Flyer

Beginning Monday, December 11, 2023, the California Junior Scholarship Federation (CFSF) will be partnering with the Maverick Yearbook team and the Alameda County Fire Department (ACFD) to share in the holiday spirit by collecting toys for needy youth in the community.   The toy drive will continue through 11:00 AM on December 21st.  New, unwrapped (no gift wrap) toys can be donated in room B-5 at Fallon anytime before school, or after school until 3:30 PM.  Firefighters from ACFD Station 18 in Dublin will arrive at Fallon Middle School around 11:45 AM on December 21st to pick up all of the toys collected.

According to Kids Data, approximately 10.2% of children are living in poverty in Alameda County, while 13% are living in low-income homes.  CJSF and the Maverick Yearbook team hope that this toy drive inspires the Fallon community to give generously to help those children in our local community who may otherwise not have the chance to experience the excitement and joy of receiving a new toy for the holiday season.  Toys are needed for children of all ages, from infants to 17 years.

CJSF and Maverick volunteers will be present in the morning, before school in room B-5, to assist with the toy drive collection process.  Financial donations are accepted by the Fire Department, and all proceeds collected will go towards the purchase of new toys for children in need.  Simply scan the included Venmo QR code to contribute.  Please leave a note with your donation that you are part of the Fallon Toys for Tots drive.

Alameda County Fire Department Toy Drive Venmo QR Code

Any questions can be sent to [email protected].