Influential Celebrities Who Have Gone Too Soon

Everyone has a role model. It could be your parents, siblings, friends, or even teachers. For a few, celebrities are their role models. People take great joy in following their works. Unfortunately, at some point, everyone comes to the end of their journey. For some, it’s the end of their career, but for others, it’s even worse. Here are a few celebrity deaths that affected a great number of people.

On May 24th, 2023, American singer and songwriter, Tina Turner, was proclaimed dead at the age of 83. She died at her house in Küsnacht, Switzerland. Her cause of death was not revealed, but it is known that she had a history of multiple strokes and illnesses, including kidney disease. She was known as the queen of rock n’ roll, and her music was enjoyed by many. As stated by The Hindustan Times, “Her powerful voice and electrifying stage presence touched the hearts of millions around the globe.”  She was known as the queen of rock n’ roll, and her music was enjoyed by many. Many celebrities including famous singer Lionel Richie, shared their devastation online. The two went on tour together in 1984, and became close friends soon after. As stated by People, “Diana Ross (american singer) tweeted a picture of herself and Turner, writing, ‘Shocked. Saddened. Sending condolences to Tina Turner’s family and loved ones.’” The way people mourned her passing and their reaction to this heartbreaking news truly reveals what an impactful person she was. 

Angus Cloud, an American actor who’s best known for his role as Fezco in the famous TV series “Euphoria”, unfortunately passed away on July 31, 2023. He was only 25 years old and died due to a drug overdose. His mother, Lisa Cloud revealed his last words in an interview. “‘I love you, mama. You’re the best,’ Lisa Cloud said her son told her the night before she found him unresponsive in his room,” states NBC News. Angus Cloud had been struggling with his addiction, and in the end, it got the best of him. The overdose of drugs can lead to the ruining of essential bodily functions, which leads to death. His passing was upsetting for fans of the show “Euphoria, and his co-stars said their sad goodbyes. Actresses Zendaya, Sydney Sweeney, and musician Drake, all posted on social media expressing their sorrow.

Finally, Matthew Perry died on October 28, 2023, at age 54. Like Angus Cloud, he too died from the effects of drugs. As reported by an article from Healthline, “Matthew Perry’s cause of death was related to the ‘acute effects of ketamine,’ according to an autopsy report released on December 15 by the County of Los Angeles Medical Examiner.” He was found dead in his hot tub at his home in Los Angeles. Matthew Perry was celebrated due to his role in the famous 90’s sitcom, “Friends”, where he plays the hilarious Chandler Bing. His castmates from the show spoke out about their misery when they heard of his passing. As mentioned in an article by People, all five castmates, Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow, Courtney Cox, Matt LeBlanc, and David Schwimmer said,  “‘We are all so utterly devastated by the loss of Matthew. We were more than just castmates. We are a family,’ their statement reads.” They were seen at his funeral and paid their respects. Perry had always been open about his struggle with addiction to drugs, and even wrote a book about it, titled, “Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing.” Many fans continue to grieve over his death.

These amazing celebrities caused the world to laugh, cry, and feel so many emotions at once. Losing them can be hard, but it is important to recall their lives and the impact they made. By honoring their lives, we carry on their legacy and assure that their work is seen by others. Their deaths have caused great despair to many fans, but people will continue to cherish their creations.