Teen Attorney

Can you imagine being a lawyer at just 18 years old? Peter Park can, as he has become the youngest attorney in the world. However, most people don’t realize the challenges it comes with. For Peter Park, it began in high school. He started a four-year Juris Doctor program at Northwestern California University of Law, preparing him to be a lawyer. After graduating in 2021, Peter Park became a law clerk at the Tulare County District.

What drove him to do all this? In an interview with CNN, Park said, “I aspire to become a prosecutor because I am driven by a moral obligation to uphold liberty, equality, and justice in society.” Park is driven by his strong desire to make a difference by attending law school and doing what he can as an attorney.

When Park was younger, he had a keen sense of right and wrong, which guided him to start his career in law. Despite facing challenges along the way, he remained on his path to being an attorney. He understood justice and fairness in law, which fuelled his passion to overcome the challenges and be an attorney.

Achieving so much at his age meant he had to sacrifice certain hobbies, such as video games. An article from Korean Daily News states, “He didn’t engage in online games or sports during his four years of middle and high school, although he played basketball and learned taekwondo in elementary school.” Since he could not participate in sports and games as a child because of his focus on academics, Peter Park channeled his energy into studying and refining his interest in law. This paved the way for him to aspire to become an attorney.

In an interview, Peter Park was asked what challenges he faced, and he replied, “I was so busy studying that I didn’t think of the word giving up,” He added, “It was possible because I had a clear goal and focused my time and effort.” His unwavering commitment to his studies made it possible for Peter to pass his exams leading up to his passing the bar test. Fueled by his passion for justice and a desire to make a difference in the legal field, he was able to make it all work out in the end and be the youngest attorney.

Peter Park is 18 and works with the Tulare County prosecutor’s office. With interests that include technology, business, and criminal law, this career seemed like a perfect fit for him. His unwillingness to give up on his studies and his passion for justice moved him forward through all the challenges that he had faced. Park overcame many obstacles and became an attorney at a young age with perseverance, hard work, and belief in himself. His determination and passion inspire young teens, showing them they can achieve their goals with hard work and dedication no matter how old they are.

Source:

Peter Park became youngest in California to pass bar exam at 17 – The Washington Post 

18-year-old Peter Park sworn in as the youngest prosecutor in California – The Korea Daily