The Maverick Newspaper

Fallon Middle School's Newspaper

The Maverick Newspaper

The Maverick Newspaper

Gunman Kills Two in Shooting Inside Las Vegas Law Office

April 8th, 2024 seemed like a normal day for the people in the Las Vegas Law Office. However, it was unexpectedly the setting of a shooting that took place around 10:00 AM, and this deadly shooting ended the lives of three individuals, including the gunman himself, who committed suicide

Details about the shooting are murky, be people do know that it occurred on the fifth floor of the law office. A lawyer named Dennis Prince and his wife, Ashley Prince, were killed, but Sheriff Kevin Mahill states that the relationship between the victims and the shooter was unknown. They also didn’t know what the shooter’s motive was. Neither of these mysteries were solved, and they are still under thorough investigation.

The shooter is unnamed, though witnesses at the shooting state that it was a man in his 70s. Although they aren’t positive about this, the police say that the shootings were targeted towards the Princes, since the shooter had to go out of their way to attack them. At the time, the Princes were in a dispute over the custody of a child.

The victims of this shooting were well-known people in the community. Dennis Prince was a famous lawyer, being an attorney for over 30 years. His and his wife’s deaths were tragic, and it was a severe blow to both their families and the community as a whole.

After the shooting took place, Kevin Mahill assures everyone that the shooter was dead, having taken his own life after taking the Prince’s. This case is still fresh, with people still investigating the shooter and his motive. The law office should be thankful that the shooter will never terrorize them or anyone else again.

The people in the law office will learn from this and improve their security. From now on, the office that this tragedy took place in will be far more secure, making sure that incidents like this never happen again.

Sources: 

Killer in Las Vegas law office shooting had ‘very specific targets,’ police say – ABC News 

3 dead, including gunman, after shooting inside Las Vegas law office, police say – CBS News

Shooting at Las Vegas law office leaves 3 dead, including suspected gunman | KTNN – St. Michaels, AZ